Family leisure: family activities and for children in Platja d’Aro, Costa Brava
Platja d’Aro on the Costa Brava is a great family destination. Apart from its beaches with crystalline waters surrounded by pine forests, the area offers leisure activities to suit every taste.
Activities to do with children on the Costa Brava
Here are some examples of things to do with children, using the Hotel Planamar as your base:
- Santa Market (Santa Cristina d’Aro). From mid-July to mid-August, from 6:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m.
Calling itself “an oasis of creativity, fun & good food”, the market features exhibitions of local crafts, concerts, over 30 food trucks and children’s activities. Entry is free and parking costs 5 euros. For more information, see the official website of La Santa Market.
- White Summer (Pals). During August. A leisure and entertainment event focusing on artistic creativity and experimental innovation. The programme for each day includes activities, art, concerts, kids’ concerts, dance, DJs, shows, interactive shows, talks and theatre. The festival opens on 3 August with an inaugural concert by La Casa Azul. Discover more at www.whitesummer.es.
- Mediaeval fair (Castell d’Aro). During August. The aim of this event is to take visitors back in time to the mediaeval era. The decorated food and craft stalls and the stallholders in mediaeval garb are as much of an attraction as the entertainment activities.
- Living nativity scene (Castell d’Aro). Performances during Christmas from 7:00 p.m. The Platja d’Aro area is also an ideal destination for a family holiday during Christmas time, as the shops in the town centre stay open all year round. Living nativity is performed during these days, an unmissable treat for children.
- Carnestoltes (Platja d’Aro). In the final weeks of February and the first week of May, Platja d’Aro is the scene of celebrations as lively as the famous Carnival festivities of Cadiz and Tenerife. Most of the activities are free.
- Carnestoltes de Primavera (Platja d’Aro). There is a second Carnival in May during the dates of the Spring public holidays, once more, filling the streets of Platja d’Aro with music, rhythm and colours.
Other sightseeing plans on the Costa Brava
If you are looking to enjoy a few days of tourism on the Costa Brava, whether with your whole family or as a couple, you can find an endless range of activities to suit all tastes. Here are some of the other things you can see and do on the Costa Brava:
Visit the towns and villages in and around the Costa Brava.Cadaqués, Rosas, Empuriabrava, L’Escala… the list of our favourite towns and villages is pretty long. A few more running from north to south: L’Estartit, Calella de Palafrugell, Pals, Tossa de Mar, or Blanes. Heading inland, we would definitely recommend a visit to the town of Figueres, the birthplace of Dalí and with a fantastic museum dedicated to the artist, and Girona, a city with medieval remains so authentic that it was the setting for some scenes of season six of Game of Thrones.
Discover the magic of the Camí de Ronda running along the Costa Brava.The former Camí de Ronda footpath ran 43 kilometres from Sant Feliu de Guíxols to Begur. The route can be completed in two or three days, depending on the level of difficulty, and passes through some of the most beautiful places in the Mediterranean. You can also choose a shorter section to enjoy a family excursion with the little ones.
Enjoy the adrenaline rush of water sports on the Costa Brava.If you prefer water sports to walking, then you’ve also come to the right place: snorkelling, scuba diving, sailing... whatever you’re looking for, you will find an instructor ready to teach you.
Try your hand at cycling tourism on the Costa Brava.For sports and fitness enthusiasts, there is no better way to explore the Costa Brava than on a cycling route. The mild temperatures of this part of the Mediterranean make it an ideal location for cycling tourism at any time of the year.
What to do in Platja d’Aro?
Unlike other towns on the Costa Brava, Platja d’Aro is always lively, with shops, businesses and restaurants open 365 days a year.
So when tourists wonder what to do on the Costa Brava if it rains, the answer is simply to stroll along the streets and do some shopping.
Hotel stay for two on the Costa Brava
With a suite with private pool, the 4-star Hotel Planamar is an ideal hotel for couples on a romantic getaway to the Costa Brava. Thanks to the idyllic setting in and around the hotel, couples can disconnect and enjoy the endless activities for two that this stretch of the Catalan coast has to offer.
From your romantic accommodation at Hotel Planamar you will be able to discover the delights of the most impressive coves of the Costa Brava or sample the finest Mediterranean cuisine at some the best restaurants in Platja d’Aro, including our own Magenta restaurant... and while you’re at it why not enjoy a fantastic day of water activities or golf as a couple!
Your family hotel in Catalonia
At Hotel Planamar we have accommodation specially designed for families, with family rooms equipped with everything to make your family stay as comfortable as possible. We can also provide extra beds and cots for the little ones.
Children will never get bored in Platja d’Aro, with its wide, safe beaches, perfect for days of playing in the sand, and water activities for the more adventurous family members. If you’re looking for a family hotel on the Costa Brava for your next holiday, be sure to choose Hotel Planamar for a truly memorable experience.
Other activities and experiences